Wednesday, 04 December 2019 20:26

Yahya: Int’l Silence on Idlib Will Encourage Regime & Allies to Escalate their Onslaught

Vice-president of the Syrian National Coalition, Oqab Yahya, condemned the intensifying onslaught being launched by the Assad regime and its Russian ally and the Iranian militias on Idlib province. The assault has so far displaced more than 14,000 households from their towns villages.

Yehya warned that the continuing international silence on the onslaught will encourage the Assad regime and its allies to escalate the military campaign on Idlib province. He expressed his fears of more displacement of civilians as a result of the relentless bombardment and shelling on Idlib province.

Yahya called on the international community to take urgent, concrete action to put an end to the onslaught on Idlib, stressing the importance of issuing binding resolutions to rein in the regime and its allies and save the remaining civilians in the province.

The ongoing bombing campaign has forced at least 78,113 people from their homes since it began in early November. The IDPs sought refuge in around 86 towns and 21 IDP camps distributed across northwestern Syria, according to the latest report by the Emergency Response Coordinators Team in Northern Syria.

The Team said that more than 125 civilians, including 40 children, have been killed and hundreds more injured since the start of the onslaught.

In a report issued on Sunday, the Syrian Network for Human Rights said that at least 277 civilians, including 72 children and 32 women, were killed across Syria in November, mostly in attacks by the Assad regime and its Russian ally. (Source: Syrian National Coalition’s Media Department)

Home Media Center Coalition News Yahya: Int’l Silence on Idlib Will Encourage Regime & Allies to Escalate their Onslaught