The Syrian Coalition’s Supreme Hajj Committee
Formed by the Syrian Coalition, the Supreme Hajj Committee won the honor of serving the Syrian pilgrims since 2013 (1434 Hijri) under agreement with Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj.
The main task of the Committee is to facilitate the procedures of Hajj for Syrian pilgrimages and care for Syrian nationals who want to perform hajj. Its tasks also include receiving applications for hajj and overseeing the issuance of visas from the embassies of the Kingdom Saudi Arabia. The Committee also oversees the provision of transportation and housing for pilgrims in Mecca and Medina and the holy sites as well as overseeing the rites of hajj, among other services.
The Committee has set up offices in Lebanon, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, and the liberated areas in Syria.
The Committee and its affiliated offices are a non-profit service organization. Like other Syrian Coalition institutions at home and abroad, the Committee is administratively independent and work in coordination with the rest of the Coalition institutions without affecting the independence of each institution.
The Committee is set up by a decision by the President of the Coalition. Its tasks also include overseeing the affairs of Syrian pilgrimages, the signing of agreements with the relevant hajj institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and overseeing the travel of pilgrims from neighboring countries to Saudi Arabia to perform hajj and the return of pilgrims to the countries they traveled from.
The Committee has permanent and accredited offices in the town of Bab Al-Hawa in northern Syria, the Turkish cities of Reyhanli, Gaziantep, and Istanbul as well as in Beirut, Amman, Cairo, and Mecca.
It has temporary offices in the town of Azaz in northern Syria, the Turkish city of Mersin as well as in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and Qatar.
Head of the Committee is Abdurrahman Mustafa.
Director of Syrian Hajj is Samer Birqdar
- “And whatever good you do - Allah knows it.”
- The Committee seeks to set an example of the perfect institution in terms of serving pilgrims and to be a leading example across the Islamic world.
- To ensure the rights of all Syrian pilgrims everywhere through a strategic plan implemented according to the latest and most accurate technics and methods.
- To enable Syrians everywhere to perform hajj smoothly and easily.
- To provide those in charge of serving pilgrims with careful, technical, and practical guidance and supplement them with young, proficient staff.
- To ensure that the pilgrimage journey is efficiently and carefully organized.
- To instruct pilgrims on the rites of pilgrimage.
- To accomplish the purpose of hajj by focusing on the promotion of high morals and patience in dealing with hardship.
Our guiding principles:
- Religious commitment
Website of the Committee: http://sy-et-hajj.org
Facebook page: The Syrian Coalition’s Supreme Hajj Committee