The Legal Office of the Syrian National Coalition is an office of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, and these are its function:
- Establishing the states laws and achieving the goals of the Syrian revolution
- Pursuing Assad regime criminals.
- Recovering the looted money of the Syrian people.
- Achieving transitional justice.
Members of the Legal Office:
President of the Legal Office – Haitham Al Maleh
Member – Dr. Hisham Marwa
Member – Attorney Marwan Hajo
Member – Attorney Hussein Alsayed
Tasks of the Legal Office in the Syrian Coalition
- Publish reports on human rights violations
- Gathering evidence and video clips that show the Assad regime committing crimes.
- Create a file containing all the authorizations and contracts with the Syrian Coalition.
- Open channels of communication between the working team of the Legal Office and the rest of the offices of the Syrian Coalition.
- The Legal Office makes legal reviews on a daily basis of press releases published by the Syrian Coalition.
- Providing information for all reports published by human rights organizations, and providing all information for all international agreements related to human rights, especially the four Geneva conventions.
- Liaising with the Assistance Coordination Union Office in regards to legal matters.
- Issuing a legal memorandum of demands concerning the Syrian Coalition.
- Preparing for conferences about Syrian constitutional law.
- Contracting private investigators to pursue looted money and to collect evidences about crimes committed by regime supporters in the Arabian Gulf, Europe, America and other nations.
- Coordinating with the International Criminal Court in regards to crimes committed by the Assad regime.
- The establishment of seminars delivered by members of the legal office to define and explain the transitional justice and the necessities of the next stage of Syrian history.
- Build a judicial body to unite all the judicial councils operating on liberated Syrian territory by inviting them to a general conference of all judicial bodies, resulting in the formation of the judiciary, judicial police and courts that apply the law uniformly in all the liberated areas.
- Executing on program steps for transitional justice in coordination with all the offices concerned with this matter in the Coalition.