In 1978, he travelled to the United States where he completed his studies in political science.
• He worked a researcher at the Gulf Research Center in Dubai.
• He was deputy director for the Gulf Research Center in UAE from 1998 to 2011.
• Head of Syrian Tribal Council.
• Sheikh of Al-Jabour tribe in Syria and Iraq
• Member of the Executive Board of the Syrian National Coalition
• Co-founder of the Syrian Opposition Coalition
• Former member and official spokesperson for the High Negotiations Commission
• Member of the SOC’s political committee for more than one term.