– Vice-president of the Syrian Coalition.
– He was born in Salamiya, Hama province in 1946.
– He has a degree in law.
– He has opposed the Assad regime since it seized power in a coup in 1970.
– He was wanted for the Assad regime’s security agencies before he moved to Algeria in the late 1980s.
– He continued his dissident activities and wrote political essays and novels.
– He has joined the Syrian revolution since day one. He was a cofounder of the Syrian National Council and the Syrian Coalition. He was elected member of the Coalition’s political committee several times.
– He is the founder and president of the National Democratic Block.
– He wrote thousands of articles and studies as well as around 30 novels