Fresh Airstrikes on Idlib Kills a Girl & Two Women Monday
The Assad forces have further stepped up the bombing campaign on Idlib province. Activists said that the bombings were renewed on Monday morning, killing a girl and two women and wounding six other civilians.
The Syrian Civil Defense in Idlib said that its volunteers rushed to rescue victims of the shelling with heavy artillery that targeted the towns of Al-Tih and Tahtaya, adding that cluster bombs were used in the shelling.
On Friday, dozens of airstrikes and barrel bomb attacks targeted many villages and towns in Idlib, Aleppo and Hama provinces, killing eight people. Idlib has became overcrowded especially following the mass forced displacement and demographic change operations that the Assad regime forces carried out in many parts of Syria backed by its Russian ally and the Iranian terrorist militias.
An estimated four million people currently live in Idlib province, according to Emergency Response Coordinators in northern Syrian. About half of the population is forcibly displaced, of whom nearly 800,000 live in unofficial camps and suffer dire humanitarian conditions.
The Syrian Coalition last week called upon the international community to hold accountable perpetrators of war crimes in Syria and to stop the bloodletting in the country. It condemned the policies being pursued by the Assad regime and its Russian ally which are aimed at the mass forced displacement of Syrian civilians and bringing about demographic change in the region.
The Coalition warned the international community of the dire consequences of giving the Assad regime, Russia and the Iranian militias a free hand against civilians in Syria. It called for an urgent international intervention to put an end to these attacks and stop the ongoing crimes and repeated violations of international resolutions and cease-fire agreements. (Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department)