The intensifying onslaught by the Assad regime forces and the Iranian-backed militias on Dara’a continues unabated. Local monitoring groups said the indiscriminate aerial bombardment on the rebel-held parts of the city has caused a number of civilian casualties, including many children.
Activists published a video showing violent explosions in the neighborhoods of Dara’a resulting from the regime’s aerial and artillery bombardment on residential buildings in the divided city.
The ongoing brutal onslaught by regime forces and their allied foreign militias on Dara’a has forced hundreds of families to flee the city, the local council in Daraa said on Thursday. Head of the council Mohammed Masalmah said that between 600-800 people fled the neighborhoods in the city while there was a pause in bombardment.
The council was unable to give an accurate estimate of the numbers of the families that have been displaced from their homes nor did it specify the destination they sought refuge in due to the relentless shelling and violent clashes taking place in the city. The council appealed to the residents of Dara’a province, the local councils, and local aid organizations to help the displaced people.
The Syrian civil defense on Wednesday said that that they extinguished a fire that broke out near a house in Dara’a as a result of artillery shelling by regime forces.
In a press release issued on Monday, the Syrian Coalition warned of the dire consequences of the ongoing campaign on Dara’a province, which has so far claimed the lives of scores of women and children, with regime forces setting fire to wide areas of farmlands. (Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department + Smart News Network)