A total of 413 people had been killed across Syria within a week of the start of the fourth round of talks in Geneva, which began on February 20, a monitoring group said.
In a report released on Tuesday, the Syrian Network for Human Rights (SNHR) said that it has recorded at least 55 violations of the truce between 20 and 27 February.
The death toll included 282 civilians, of whom 54 were children, the Network said. It added that the Assad regime forces were responsible for the death of 141 people, while the Russian forces killed 23 civilians, including 4 children.
Attacks by the Assad regime and Russian forces accounted for 88 percent of the total number of violations, the SNHR said. Regime forces also detained around 74 civilians in the same period.
Regime forces were responsible for 42 truce violations, while the Russians were responsible for 4. The international anti-ISIS coalition forces violated the truce in three occasions, according to the report.
The monitoring group called upon the United Nations to set up a field committee to monitor violations of the ceasefire and to identify the perpetrators and to hold them accountable in cooperation with human rights organizations working on the ground.
They Network stressed the need for the international community to bolster the truce and initiate a political process leading to real political transition and the establishment of democratic system of rule in Syria as well as to end the suffering the Syrian people have endured for nearly six years. (Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department + Agencies)