The continued bombing campaign by the Assad regime and Russia has so far killed hundreds of civilians, including children and women in the ‘de-escalation zone’ in northwestern Syria.
In a report released on Friday, the Syrian Network for Human Rights said that it had registred the names of 522 civilians, including 129 children and 99 women, who have been killed since the start of the bombing campaign.
The Network said that at least 1,612 other civilians were wounded in the period between April 26 and June 28.
According to the report, the Assad regime supported by the Russian air force attacked 33 medical facilities, 77 schools, 47 mosques, and three IDP camps.
The Emergency Response Coordination Team on Monday said that at least 89,144 households, or about 579,257 people, have been displaced in northwestern Syria since April 29. It noted that the displaced people fled to around 35 locations in the Shield of the Euphrates and the Olive Branch areas as well as to the IDP camps near the border with Turkey.
The European Union on Friday expressed its deep concern over the escalating attacks by the Assad regime and Russia on residential areas and medical centers.
The Syrian Coalition on Saturday discussed the military escalation with a delegation from the US State Department and with the French President’s Special Envoy for Syria. The Coalition called on the governments of the two countries to take action outside the UN Security Council to put an end to the military attacks targeting civilian and healthcare facilities. (Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department)