President of the Syrian Coalition, Abdurrahman Mustafa and Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Abdul Fattah bin Suleiman Mishat on Wednesday signed the Hajj policy handling the applications of intending Syrian pilgrims for the 2019 Hajj season.
President Mustafa said that the Syrian Coalition’s Supreme Hajj Committee was able to secure an increase in the pilgrimage quota for Syrians by 3,500 to a total of 22,500, up from 19,000 pilgrims for last year’s season. He expressed appreciation and gratitude to Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah for the services it provides to the pilgrims.
President Mustafa, who also presides over the Committee, stressed “the continuing coordination with the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah to ensure all services and care are provided for Syrian pilgrims.” He said that he was certain that the Hajj season for this year would be a success thanks to the considerable efforts and constant development in the provision of services and the effective organization.
The Committee has taken on the supervision of the Syrian hajj for the seventh consecutive year and provided services to all Syrian pilgrims.
Last week, the Committee announced the requirements for the application for the upcoming Hajj season. It said it would begin the reception of applications for Hajj soon in its offices in Syria and neighboring countries.
Head of the Syrian Hajj pilgrimage, Samer Birqdar, said that the Committee is working for all Syrians in all Syrian regions “without any discrimination and regardless of any regional, ethnic or even political considerations.” (Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department)